Oklahoma City Trip, June 2008

In June, we went to Oklahoma City to the temple (our stake "fill the temple day") and to see some sights for the weekend (June 20-21). We had a blast. We joined the Scates family in this weekend road trip. Calie enjoys hanging out with her friend Lydia and her brothers. On Friday, we attended the temple, went to the pool, and went to Bricktown for Dinner. On Saturday, we went the OKC Museum of Art which had some Roman artifacts from the Louvre (no pics allowed) and some beautiful blown glass, ate lunch at Bricktown, and went the OKC Memorial Building from the 1995 bombing. Jeannie and I went through the detailed exhibit which was really amazing. I could not imagine going through such a devasting crisis. There was an actual recording that you could hear the blast on, some blast rumble left in its orginal place, and so many amazing stories and displays. I walked out of that memorial very thankful for my blessings!
Saturday late afternoon we headed home after a fun packed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment