7*11*08 & 7*16*08 --- Coney Island

On Friday Nights, Coney Island has fireworks on the boardwalk, so we thought it would be a good night to ride down to see what Coney Island was all about...
on the subway ride down (which is like 30 min) Calie took a much needed nap...
* Coney Island had so much to offer that night...............
Famous Nathan's Hot Dogs:
     
Salt water and sand between our toes
This was actually the first time Calie has had beach under her feet
As we were waiting for the fireworks to start...we had to get some fun toys and cotton candy
The fireworks were some of the best I've seen and seemed to have gone on forever
After the fireworks we thought that Calie and I needed a quick ride on the carousel
                         
7*16*08- Today, Calie and I tried to go to the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island.  By the time we got to the line for tickets, they were sold out to go inside Lady Liberty.  So... I decieded we would take a ride down to Coney Island to play in the sand while Daddy was at work.