NWA Ice Storm...Jan 2009

As many of you know, we (Arkansas, Kentucky and Tennessee) were blasted with a major ice storm end of January...doesn't sound like it could be that bad...I have never seen anything like it...I heard a few people say it looked a little like Narnia...A thick glaze of ice (upwards of three inches) and heavy snow snapped trees and tree limbs causing them to fall onto homes and power lines. Over 300,000 homes and businesses in Arkansas lost electricity during this storm system.
I can gratefully say that we were very blessed and our family was actually pretty cozy during the whole event...We lost our power one day for about one hour and another day for about four hours...We had plenty of wood, food, and recorded shows to catch up on...Colby and his buddies had fun getting out of the house and "helping others"....My MIL Karin stayed with us for a few days b/c she had no power at home and it got pretty cold especially at night...I did have to close the store for a few days and our shed in the backyard got crushed by some limbs...good of been worse...
As the storm was a comin'...Calie was worried about her clay turtle outside...I love you can see her reflection in the window

No comments:

Post a Comment